Keys for Taman Alam Perdana homes by March
Published: Fri, 20 Jan 2012
KUALA SELANGOR: Some 2,500 low-cost house buyers will finally get to move into their houses after the state government intervened to revive and complete their housing project.
Selangor has paid RM147 million to acquire the land for the stalled Taman Alam Perdana development from developer Ladang Bukit Cherakah Nominees Sdn Bhd (LCBN), so that the houses can resume construction.
“Acquiring the land is the final step, after the developer failed to make attempts to complete the abandoned project,” said Menteri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim, during a dialogue session with house buyers on Jan 13.
Another 1,318 buyers of semi-detached terrace and single terrace houses will also be able to move in once the Certificates of Fitness (CF), are ready in March.
Besides the cost of acquiring the land an additional RM40 million was allocated to complete the infrastructure at the housing development last year.
State subsidiary Permodalan Negeri Selangor Berhad (PNSB) had completed the project along with the necessary plumbing, sewerage, and electrical works.
Khalid, who is also the Ijok assemblyperson, said Selangor will also meet with banks to discuss mortgage payments for buyers facing financial difficulties.
Meanwhile, another 643 bungalow lot homebuyers here will have to wait longer for the housing issue to be resolved as the developer and the financing bank has objected to the state acquiring the land.
The developer and the bank have brought the matter to court and Selangor has to wait for the ruling before taking further steps.
Khalid said that 203 units of abandoned houses at neighbouring Arcadia will be demolished as they cannot be salvaged anymore.
“The houses are not fit for habitation. We will hold separate discussions with the group and present our solution to them later,” he said.