Yayasan Selangor not bankrupt | Selangor Times
Saturday
01·11·2014
Issue 118

 

Selangor
Yayasan Selangor not bankrupt
Writer: Basil Foo
Published: Fri, 25 Mar 2011

SHAH ALAM: Yayasan Selangor’s accounts were made public on Wednesday to finally lay to rest claims that the state education foundation was on the verge of bankruptcy.

“Although there was a deficit in 2010, we can still continue operations for a long time because there was a significant surplus in previous years,” said Menteri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim.

Khalid, who is also Yayasan Selangor chairperson, said the foundation still had more than RM100 million in its coffers and cash deposits of RM50 million.

Annual accounts since 2005 showed the foundation’s highest deficit was RM9.9 million in 2005, and the highest surplus was RM127 million in 2008.

He refuted allegations that Yayasan would be bankrupt due to a RM7 million expenditure.

“I would like to see the expertise of those who made the reports,” he said.

The foundation’s 2010 accounts, which were a subject of dispute, would be released before June, he said at the State Secretariat.

“We have drafted a report on our status and have decided, after a board meeting [yesterday], to have a general meeting by May to pass the accounts,” he said.

It was learnt that the foundation’s auditing process had to pass through a chartered accounting firm, a general meeting and the Companies’ Commission of Malaysia.

Khalid revealed that the annual accounts since 2005 were only passed in general meetings throughout last year.

“So for those who said Yayasan’s accounts were audited every year, their statement would be incorrect.”

He explained that deficits and surpluses over the years were not a strange occurrence, but they would still be assessing the reason for the fluctuating income.

He said the fate of Yayasan Selangor general manager Ilham Marzuki would depend on his performance as the board decided to let him see out his contract.

“As he just became general manager in 2010, we must give him a chance until his two-year contract ends,” he said.

On a group of former Yayasan Selangor staff filing suits against Ilham and the foundation, Khalid said the due process of the law would not be obstructed.

 

 Selangor Times

 

 

Also in News:

Trade in old for new at Aino Living

BN resorting to dirty tactics

Over 100 banners bearing DAP and PAS logos and containing misleading messages around Selangor were taken down by Pakatan Rakyat leaders last weekend, and they are urging Barisan Nasional to stop these dirty campaign tactics.

Roof for sports facility

Youths living in Section 6 can now play basketball and volleyball in the public court come rain or shine after a roof is completed.

Worried residents want vacant plot fenced up

Broken house and car windows along Jalan Bukit Permai 2/4 caused by children playing football on a vacant piece of land there are making residents fear for their safety, and they want the place fenced up.

Hostel for landslide victims

Landslide-stricken Seri Beringin Apartment and Kampung Pasir residents were finally moved to Kompleks Rakan Muda hostel on Sunday, after being evacuated from their homes last Wednesday.

 

 

VIEWS

 

 

MEDIA

 

 

 

TECHNOLOGY

From Windows to a Mac: A guide

 

 

FOOD

In for a sweet treat

 

 

TRAVEL

A Majestic presence

 

 

 

 

Copyright © 2014 Selangor Times. All rights reserved. Designed By Senedi
Twitter